This position is responsible for the sale of the company’s Walchem product line in the geographic region of Asia, South East Asia, and China. The ideal location to be based in China / Hong Kong. (The person can be located in Singapore as well.)
The primary activities are:
- Development of large OEM customers.
- Motivation, training and managing the distribution network with a focus on sales and market share growth.
- Determine sales strategies and goals for the region and for distributors.
- Identify, select and develop distributors and sales representatives
- Provide diligent support, follow-up and ongoing dialogue with distributors and sales representatives.
- Develop and implement strong customer relationships.
- Prospect and identify new business opportunities
- Lead sales campaigns from identifying opportunities, to structuring the deal, negotiating and closing
- Manage and coordinate sales efforts with Direct Accounts and through Distribution
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that effect target markets
- Develop and deliver sales presentations
- Manage sales and product training programs
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning
- Ability to travel overnight 35 to 50% of the time within the territory
- 5+ years of experience in the industrial process industry in a sales or business development capacity.
- Ability to communicate within the territory in Chinese as well as having a fluency in communication in English.
- BS in a technical field or Business/Marketing with proven technical competence. A strong chemical and water treatment background is a plus.
- Knowledge of process controls and metering pumps and their applications
- Familiar with the markets, competitive pricing, industrial sales channels, distributors, sales representatives
- Demonstrated competencies: development and identification of major customers, sales planning, goal development, management of market and product specific sales channels, product pricing and quotation techniques
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including formal presentation skills before both small and large groups
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and negotiation with special emphasis on closing the sale
- History of successful relationship building
- Must be self-starter, high energy, customer oriented and a team player
- Has recognizable integrity, earns the respect of others.
- Possesses a sense of humor and enjoyment about work.